We believe we can accomplish significant change if the whole community works together, focusing ALL the Sunshine Coast’s varied resources towards improving everyone’s quality of life. We believe we should share our problems and solutions.
We aim to;
- Increase the awareness of access issues in the community through collaboration and engagement
- Educate the community about the changes that need to be implemented for full accessibility
- Be involved in active and on site consultation from initial planning processes and developments onwards
- Advise and collaborate with partners in transport
- Participate in community engagement and consultation
- Network with other organisations and committees to enhance education and awareness
- Assist the community to understand how to interact and offer assistance if necessary to people with disabilities.
SCAAN have improved access by the following:
- Increasing community awareness
- Have formed networks with construction companies
- SCAAN have had input into the Sunshine Coast University Hospital design.
- We are being asked to give informative talks to official bodies such as the Civil Engineers
- Have improved signage at Caloundra Bus Station
- Have been involved in consultation with Maroochydore bus station re disability toilets.